Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Best Dressed Met Gala 2016





The first Monday in May was yesterday that can only mean one thing... Anna Wintour's coveted Met Gala and my annual review of the best and worst dressed of the Gala. This year's theme was Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology; combining technology and high fashion together. While I was expecting gowns from Tron or even something Zenon related it didn't quite hit that mark. Don't get me wrong there were plenty of gorgeous gowns but integrating technology into fashion just wasn't there because technology apparently means 'silver'. Anyways here's my best dressed from the Met Gala! (P.S did you follow along on Twitter as I live tweeted it? Bless you if you did!) 


Claire Danes in Zac Posen 

Claire Danes swept the Red Carpet and the Gala with her Zac Posen gown was the winner of integrating technology and fashion together. Her dress was made of fiber optics and glowed when in the dark but looked like the perfect Cinderella gown in the light. One of my absolute favorites of the night!


Emily Ratajkowski in Prabal Gurung

Emily Ratajkowski was another favorite from the night with this GORGEOUS black and white Prabal Gurung gown. It was a one shoulder, deep back, thigh high slit gown with jeweled embellishments on the side and she killed it. It's the perfect combination of sophisticated and sexy!

 Ivanka Trump in Ralph Lauren// Amber Heard in Ralph Lauren// Kate Upton in Topshop// Rosie Huntington-Whitely in Ralph Lauren 


Clearly I really loved Ralph Lauren gowns! I think it's their simple, classic silhouettes that I always fall for. I love Ivanka's bold red color, a nice change of pace to the whites, nudes and silvers. Amber's rose gold is also a nice change to all the silvers. Loving Kate's one shoulder super sparkly silver gown, not quite 'tech' but still stunning nonetheless. Rosie's super chic white one shoulder with a train is so perfect. It would 100% wear it as my wedding gown. 

 Emma Roberts in Calvin Klein

Only Emma Roberts can wear pants AND a gorge train to the Met Gala and ROCK it! Loving this black and white two piece combo. The off kilter neckline is also a unique detail which I think perfects the overall uniqueness of her outfit. 

 Karlie Kloss in Brandon Maxwell

In another stunning white gown Karlie donned not one but two outfits! Arriving in this very Padme Amadala-esque caped number and then transforming into this very sexy, chic cut out number! It's business in the beginning and party in the end. 

Karoline Kurova in Marchesa and Blake Lively in Burberry

Karoline's dress is not only visually stunning but it apparently it will light up based on comments left on her social media. Marchesa partnered with IBM Watson to create it. You can check it out here! Like that's way cool and definitely a blue ribbon winner of technology and fashion! Blake's dress is beautiful from the color to the floral detail but it has no elements of the night's theme. It would have, however been perfect for last year's gala.

Rachel McAdams in Valentino// Kate Bosworth in Dolce & Gabbana// Poppy Delevigne in Marchesa// Kim Kardashian West in Balmain// Naomi Campbell in Roberto Cavalli//

I feel like Rachel's dress was sooo undertalked about. It's visually stunning, I adore the sequin detail and pattern on it and the vampy lip completes it. Kate's gown is also very Padme Amadala and I dig it. Poppy's Marchesa gown gives me life. Her's is another one of my favorite's of the night. It's daring, bold yet still very detailed and looks beautiful. I never thought I'd say this but I like Kim's dress. Sure apparently silver means technology but we'll overlook that. I think it's a stunning piece and looks flawless on her. Naomi Campbell can do no wrong in this charcoal beaded number. S-t-u-n-n-i-n-g. 

Nicole Kidman in Alexander McQueen and Lady GaGa in Atelier Versace 

Nicole is literally the real life Elsa, talk about #icequeen! She killed it. Lady Gaga resurrected her early GaGa fashion days with this sparkly bodysuit, 6 inch platform heels and a silver jacket. We knew she would bring it to the red carpet and BOY OH BOY did she! It's edgy, bold, and definitely puts the focus on her. Well done Gaga! 

 Bradley Cooper in Tom Ford// Alexander Skarsgard in Unknown// Orlando Bloom in Prada// Rami Malek in Dior// Idris Elba in Tom Ford// 

We can't forget about the dapper gentlemen of the night either! I was a little disappointed by the lack of well dressed men of the evening. Last year there were tons and this year they were few and far between the ladies. But there were a few that did stand out! 
Bradley Cooper looking dapper in his tux and coattails. Alexander Skarsgard aka the new Tarzan cleaned up quite nicely in a classic black tux, man do I love a man in a tux! Orlando Bloom stood out in an oxblood jacket which I'm loving. He also accessorized with a Tamagatchi (remember those?!) with his girlfriend? Katy Perry. Anyone else didn't know they were a thing?! Rami Malek rocked this blue tux which I can't say I hate... Lastly host of the evening Idris Elba SMASHED it with this classic tux and tails. 

Now onto the ones that fell short.

Nicki Minaj in Moschino// Madonna in Givenchy// Brie Larson in Proenza// Selena Gomez in Louis Vuitton// Kerry Washington in Marc Jacobs//

Black is always a popular dress color but these just did not fit the theme. Nicki's is waaay to BDSM for my taste and Madonna's is just well Madonna. Brie usually is one of my favorite dressed but this dress just didn't do it for me. I feel like she's a disco ball.... Selena looks like a milkmaid and Louis Vuitton kinda failed on all his celebs dressed.... Kerry usually stuns too (let's not forget her giant pink ballgown last year) but this look is too goth or punk and it's just no bueno. 

Taylor Swift in Louis Vuitton// Solange Knowles in David Lapport// Emma Roberts in Tory Burch// Grimes in Unknown// Alicia Vikander in Louis Vuitton//


I am not digging T-Swift's look. I don't know if it's the hair, the dark lip, the style of dress, shoes or the pattern of it but it's just a big fat no from me. She kinda looks like a fish tbh..... I think it's safe to say that Solange will just be on the worst dressed list every year... remember last year's? Emma's looks like cheap prom dress gone wrong and Grimes I don't even know. Alicia another that usually makes my best dressed list fell short at the Gala with her LV number, just too much going on. 

I forgot to put Kris Jenner in the mix but she looked like Maleficent which is hilarious because she looked like Cruelle DeVille/dragon lady last year. Haha! 


So there you have it, the best and worst of the Met Gala 2016! What did you think? Who was your best/worst dressed? Anyone I forgot? Share them in the comments below! 

If you wanna see more of my recaps you can check out my 2014 and 2015 ones and relive the best and worst dressed of the night! 

Till next year everyone!



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar