Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

One of my very favorite dishes

estniskkottfars

This is one of my very favorite dishes, and it has been ever since I was a small kid. As it happens, it's also one of the least photogenic ones. And it's not sophisticated, or complicated, at all.

What it is is a *very* simplified version of Pelmeenid. Or spagetti bolognese. Or both. In my family, we always called it "false Pelmeenid". And nowadays, I call it Estonian mince. While it doesn't really have much to do with Estonia, it was something my grandfather (who was Estonian) and dad would make, so to me, it's Estonian.

Anyway. You don't really need a recipe. Mince an onion. Fry it in a little bit of butter. Add ground beef. Cook for a few minutes while stirring - it should lose it's pinkness. Add salt, black pepper and a little bit of water. Cook for a few minutes. And serve with macaroni.

Sometimes I add a splash of distilled white vinegar as well, to get it more sour. And I always, always eat it with lots of ketchup.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar