Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Tips for Blogging and Working


By day, I work full-time at a digital advertising agency. I do all things web and social media related and just love it! I love working in the largest building in downtown Pittsburgh and my team is so great to work with! Not to mention, I am learning so much.

With that said, I often struggle to balance a full time job and also keep my blog up and running. It's much less glamorous than it seems... I freak out at least once a week because my to-do list is never ending. I figured there are a good amount of people in my situation, but even if you are not a blogger, many people find themselves overcommitted and pressed for time during their day so I thought I'd share one of my tips! It's not earth shattering or ingenious, but something simple and easy that saves me time. 

I get 30 minutes for lunch, which sounds generous, but it's really not much time. So what I like to do is pack my lunch or run and grab a salad from the lobby and then sit at my desk. I use this time to make a list about what I have to do that night. I basically make a schedule. So for example:

5-6pm sit in traffic (EW)
6-7pm eat dinner and check my e-mails (this is usually when I read and then mark for follow ups)
7-9pm Blog post about ___, ____, and ____
9-10pm E-mails
10-11pm get ready for the next day (shower, pick out an outfit, etc.) 
11-12am Catch up with social media, Bed

This obviously fluctuates a great deal due to dinners and happy hours and events. I'm more often than not, very specific with what I need to accomplish within certain timeframes, too. I also create outlines of blog posts in the notes section of my phone. I have a running list of posts so I go to my list and choose what I am going to write about that night. 


Then during my lunch/day, I outline the post so when I get home it seems much less time consuming. Sometimes, I'll even start writing it. The list above was the start of this post. Like I said, it's a super simple thing, but if you do it, you will find yourself saving a lot of time at night! Do you have any time saving tips? Have a fabulous day! 

Yours,

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar