Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mundane Monday (March 8, 2021)

 Socks.


source


Let's see how we can pontificate about a truly mundane subject: socks. 

I worked with someone who hated socks. Even in the winter, she had bare feet inside her boots. 

I think a living hell would be having to wear toe socks. I don't like socks that are too high. I need my socks to either match my pants, or match my low boots. I only ever wear "fun" socks if it is some kind of spirit day at school, and then I will wear Christmas socks, or Hallowe'en socks. 

I remember those little white ankle socks that had little coloured pom pom balls at the back. They never fit me properly because they were made for girls with cute little size 6 feet. When I tried to wear them, with my likely size 7 or 8 feet when I was young, the pom pom ball wouldn't sit high enough at the back of the shoe. 

My husband has gone through stages where he finds a kind of sock that he likes, so he just buys multiple pairs of exactly that same sock. 

Little Canadian kids tuck their pant legs into their socks so they can pull on their snowpants without the leg of their pants ending up somewhere around their knee. Then when they come back in after playing outside and take off their snowpants, they often forget to untuck their pant legs and walk around with their pants tucked into their socks.

I have somewhat successfully knit one pair of socks once. It was not a fun experience and they didn't fit right and I will never do it again.

When the temperature gets ridiculously low in the winter time, I will resort to wearing socks to bed. If my feet are too cold, I can't get to sleep. I will then inevitably take those same socks off part way through the night.

When I was very young and spent a lot of time at the farm, I would watch my grandmother use a lightbulb inside the men's barn socks so they would hold their shape while she darned them with a big darning needle and grey yarn. Does anyone even darn socks anymore?


Please share your own opinions and thoughts about socks. Do you wear them? Do you wear socks and sandals? Do you even need socks because you live in a climate where your feet don't freeze? Do you have favourite socks? Thin socks? Thick socks? Ankle socks? Work socks?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar