Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

It's good to be back.

Hello again!  I've been beavering away in my little office for a few months now, with the door closed from eight till five.  I have to work like that because I am so easily lured away by any flimsy excuse or thoughts of knitting and cricket. But it paid off, I met my deadline and had the manuscript in on time yesterday.  I feel a huge sense of relief and freedom.  I'm going to enjoy getting back to all my regular chores and having the time to do whatever I want each day.

The idea of being able to create a Down to Earth book really appealed to me and being able to do it all from my home was the icing on the (whole orange) cake.  I have no doubt there will be suggestions to rework and restructure bits of it, but I'm happy with that and I'll learn from my mistakes. There is still a lot of work ahead with editing and promoting the book, so I'm fortunate to still feel immense enthusiasm for the project.  I hope, like this blog, the book provides information about the practical day to day activities of a simple life and helps many people clarify and work through life changing decisions.  And of course, I want it to be a good read.  I have my fingers crossed on that one.

What else has been happening in our neck of the woods? Today I'm back working at the Neighbourhood Centre and really looking forward to being there again.  This Sunday, Hanno and I will drive down to the Gold Coast to have lunch with Shane, Sarndra, Kerry and Sunny.  Sunny's baby will be born very soon (in March) so I'm sure the lunch will be full of catching up and talking about the future.  Oh!  another update - both babies are boys.  : - )  Sarndra had a scan last week and was told she is having a boy (in July).  We're all very happy and looking forward to holding both babies and getting to know them.  I have to find some time now for more knitting.


Thank you for the love and support you've been sending me these past couple of weeks.  I've had emails from many of you saying hello and sending kind words.  Thank you also for voting for the blog in the Bloggies.  I am amazed and delighted that we've been able to build up such a strong and genuine community around the blog and forum. Even though we are far apart, the friendships formed are real and very special to me.  

The green bottle above is my latest batch of ginger beer.  I've been experimenting with glass bottles and it's worked well.  If the gas builds up too much in the drink, it pops the cork.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar