Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Quincy Jones Says He Can't Get Used To Lil Wayne's Type Of Music

First of all, for those that don't know who Quincy Jones is, he is the one that more or less built the career of the greatest pop star of all time. Who is the greatest pop star of all time? The late Michael Jackson. The 81 year old legendary music/film producer was asked (during his recent interview with The National) what he thinks of current pop stars on the scene, and he said...






"When you come from the era of Ray Charles, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Aretha Franklin, Frank Sinatra and Michael Jackson, it gets hard to get used to Lil Wayne. I just can’t handle it. There are some good singers out there. Mary J Blige can sing, so can Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera. I know who they are. I also know who they aren’t, too."







True...i feel him. There are some acts I don't like that are popping now too, and I am just 33, so I can understand how an 81 year old man must feel; especially someone that worked so closely with Michael Jackson. I like his choice of who he is feeling in this time frame...those are the people I too listen to. I think I would add Brandy to that list, and I am good. Most others are just so electric, and depend too much on their popularity to get away with whatever they claim to be creativity. I do try to chill sometimes, and think maybe I am the one that is stuck in the past. But really, all I want is real music. 




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar